Thursday, September 27, 2012

Amazing case of avoidable Waffle-foot...


Waffle-foot - the condition caused by repeatedly shooting oneself in the foot.

So, I'm catching up on my blog-reading, having been crazystupidbusy the last few days with a sick daughter and husband birthday celebration.

I finally get around to reading parts 2 and 3 of the GUTGAA Agent interview.

Oh hey, there's one of the agents who requested a partial.  What'd she say about pet peeves?

... Oh God.

She hates when you mention things from her agent profile in your email.  And if I'd read her interview question before I send off the thingies, I'd have known that.  I can't help but think she's going to read the email I sent (mentioning a mutual love of the authors she mentions in her profile), and immediately trash the query, because it's reasonable to think I'd seen her response, and then ignored her preferences.

I thought I was showing that I'd tried to do my research and was happy to find some common ground to address the letter, since I couldn't put my query letter in there.

*sigh*

Dammit. Maybe she'll just download the attachments and not read the email. Right? ...

Crapperdoodles.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry about it. I think you'll be fine. I think agents might be a little squicked when someone focuses too heavily on their profiles (i.e., You like chocolate chip cookies, well so do I! In fact, I've attached the recipe I use, and photographs). Mentioning that you share a love of the same books shouldn't waffle your feet! :D

    ReplyDelete