Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Spider's back!

And this time, the poor bastard lost his lunch.  He had a full spiral web, about a foot across between the side mirror and the door.  I again, didn't check for a spider before getting in the van, but as I was pulling out of the driveway, I noticed he was asleep (all hunched together, legs tucked in, not moving) in the upper middle of the web, and there was a bug in the dead center, all wrapped up.

Well, he woke up pretty quickly once the van started moving, (though I didn't get above 20 mph, to give him a chance to duck back into the mirror.   It took him about three blocks to decide this wasn't going away, and he abandoned the web, and dove into the mirror.  Unfortunately most of the web, including the part with the fly in it, blew off. 

Poor guy.   I'll try to get a good picture of him to post.

I hit the 9:30 Zumba class at the gym and it was an excellent workout.  I was sweating from crown to toes.  I had sweat beading the entire length of my arms.  She does a "toning" regimen after the hour of Zumba for another 15-30 minutes, but I'd told the MIL / babysitter that it was an hour class, and I didn't want to worry her by being late.

Now it is time to paint.  I had a scroll request from the Baron & Baroness of the local SCA group for an extra special piece of court business, and I've been fiddle-farting about on it for the last month or so.  (Painting bits here and there.  There's not THAT much left to do, but none of the calligraphy is done, and the illumination still has a few hours to go.)  My normal style of illumination is to sit down for long 6-8 hour chunks at a time, but the New Addition in my life makes that impossible.  If I get two hours straight, it's a bloody miracle.  Especially if someone keeps dropping her Soothie, and waking up because of it.

Later this afternoon, I'm going to finish the pell I've been working on for two years.  (I have the post in the concrete bucket.  But I need to sink the bucket in the yard, and pad the pole with the pipe insulation and ducktape so I can practice whacking without blowing out my wrist and shoulder.
I've also realized that unless I want permanent standing water, I'd better drill some holes right at the concrete line so it will drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment