So yesterday was the culmination of three years of work and research. About three years ago, I tried to find a complete list of medieval pigments somewhere. It was impossible to find. The medieval treatises were only available in a university library setting, (aside from a copy of De Diversis Artibus by Theophilus, which I actually sprung for.) and modern research was in little dribbles and drabbles of specific articles in scholastic journals which required a JSTOR or other institutional-only database. So I started ma wking a spreadsheet. And the spreadsheet grew. And Grew. I made umpteen trips to the UNC and Duke library systems, and employed my jump drive extensively.
I decided to turn the research into a monograph so that the information would be widely available to everyone, even those without access to a nearby university library.
|And this is why you hire professionals ladies and gentlemen.|
The horrid abomination shown right was my attempt.
This is why professionals are awesome.
I'm still going to pursue publishing in the traditional sense for my fiction, but I do have to say the e-pubbing was pretty painless. :)
Now to get back to working on my @#$*#&$@# synopsis.